Sunday, August 26, 2012

Random!


I have some random things about Peru that I want to share!


Peru has three regions (I'm sure I've mentioned this before): the coast (Costa), the mountains (Sierra--the Andes), and the jungle (Selva). These regions are split up into "departments." Departments in Peru are comparable to states in the U.S. Lima is known as the capital city, but it should really be titled as the "capital department." Within the departments, are districts. I live in the Miraflores district. So technically, there aren't really cities. In Lima, it could take a couple hours to get from one district to another, and maybe even longer if traffic is bad. Here is a map of Peru's departments.




A saying in Peru is "Dé algo, pero con el amor." This means "Give anything, but with love." I love this saying! It really reveals the passion Peru has!


That concludes the random things! Haha!

Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment