Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Packing!

The big day is almost here!!!

I started packing for my year-long trip this past Monday night! Wow, packing for an entire year is difficult! Plus, I'm not just packing warm weather clothing. I still I have to pack clothes for cold weather, too! The geography and climate of Peru is so diverse! For example, my host mother was telling me that 6 hours from a beach in Peru is a snowy mountain. So I can go from wearing a swimsuit one day to wearing a winter coat the next day!!

Oh, I am soooooo excited for Peru! I cannot wait! I leave this Saturday, July 28th! It's a 12-hour trip, but it will all be worth it when I meet my new friends and family! I am staying with the Romero family in Miraflores, Lima. And I will be part of the San Borja Sur Rotary Club and attending school at el Colegio Pamer de Barranco.

Here is a picture of Miraflores, Lima, Peru to get an idea of how beautiful and amazing this experience is going to be!

PERU, HERE I COME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment